29 December 2009

The Decade List or How I Remember the '00's


Photo copyright MyrtleArt Photography


Jenni over at Absent Minded had the fabulous idea of making a list of memorable moments in the last decade being that it's the first decade of the new millennium. Thinking this was a great way to spend a Monday night, I decided to play. 


The Decade List:

  • I graduated from high school.
  • I graduated from college.
  • I lived in Bremen, OH; Detroit, MI; Warszawa, Poland; Alexandria, VA; Farmington Hills, MI; and Dearborn, MI
  • I met the other half of my soul
  • I married him.
  • I became the proud parent of a turtle named Sir Rupert Sheldon
  • I adopted Mr. Reilly Patrick - my fave pound puppy!
  • I worked about a million jobs.
  • I was laid off...twice.
  • I changed my name.
  • I had two passports issued to me due to said name change.
  • I lost a grandparent.
  • I lost a good friend to stupidity and a shotgun.
  • I laughed.
  • I cried.
  • I was the shoulder for others to cry on.
  • I watched the WTC fall in the middle of campus with about 100 others.
  • I joined a sorority.
  • I hung out with fraternity boys that I now consider some of my very best friends.
  • I watched so many friends get married and have babies.
  • I watched a good friend get divorced.
  • I made friends for life.
  • I lost friends due to no fault of my own.
  • I voted in historic elections.
  • I watched my country go to war while living in a country that was violently opposing the war.
  • I contributed to the saved lives of countless greyhounds.
  • I learned more about myself than in the previous decade.
  • I maintained a 19 year friendship with my Best Friend even though we haven't lived in the same city for more than 4 months in the past 10 years.
  • I met my hero, Steve Yzerman, more than once.
  • I have shaken hands with past and current sports figures, including Mr. Hockey.
  • I watched the Stanley Cup Banner raise to the rafters in Joe Louis Arena.
  • I watched #19 retired to the rafters in Joe Louis Arena
  • I was in attendance at Superbowl XL in Detroit; the 2006 World Series in Detroit; the past four Preakness Horse Races at Pimlico; and countless other sporting events.
  • I've traveled around the US, Poland, France, Germany, Luxumbourg, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Turks and Caicos, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas
  • Most of all, I've lived, I've loved and I've laughed.
What's your list?

Here's to a spectacular next decade!


Photo copyright MyrtleArt Photography



No comments: